Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Chimichangas

Last night I had no idea what to make for dinner. I always make a weekly menu, but somehow this week got away from me and the menu...yeah it got away from me too. SO, I thought about the things I had around my kitchen, did a few google searches, and came up with this: baked chimichangas! They are yummy! And as usual when I serve something we've never had before, these were met with upturned noses and grimacing faces. That's my favorite part about dinner (not!). As it turned out, everyone loved them and ate them all up. Woohoo!


Baked Chimichangas


1 lb. ground beef

3/4 cup chopped onion

1 can diced green chilis

1/2 cup corn

1 can enchilada sauce

1 tsp. chili powder

3/4 tsp. garlic salt

1 tsp. ground cumin

1 (16oz. can) refried beans

8-10 flour tortillas

shredded cheese (about 1 cup)

1 T. butter, melted


Preheat the oven to 350. Brown the ground beef in a skillet. When it's about done cooking, add the onion, peppers, and corn, and continue cooking until onions are soft (about 5 minutes). Stir in the refried beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Cook until heated through, and remove from heat.


Spoon the beef mixture evenly over the tortillas, and top with cheese. Fold in the ends, then roll up tortillas and put seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Brush the tortillas with melted butter.


Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and lettuce.

1 comment:

  1. chimichangas! I love that you have the baked version.It looks better this way than deep fried :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails